About Our Facilities
APS's 45,000 square feet main facility is primarily dedicated to interventional and surgical research. APS has one of the largest capacities in the world for medical device research, including the following:
- Four SIEMENS digital cardiac cath lab suites (SIEMENS AXIOM Artis and Zee Digital Cath Labs)
- Two SIEMENS Avantic Mobile C-arms
- Two surgical operating suites
- Dual source computed tomography (CT) suite
- Intravascular Imaging (Boston Scientific iLAB IVUS and Abbott Ilumien Optis OCT)
- Electrophysiology Mapping (Abbott Velocity EP Mapping System)
- Cardiopulmonary Bypass (Sorin & Cobe)
- Endoscopic Towers (Olympus, Stryker & Storz)
- Intracardiac and Duplex Ultrasound (SIEMENS Cypress & Sequoia)
- PowerLab Data Collection System
- Space for housing over 700 large animals on-site
- Can accommodate short or long term studies of any size or scale
- Extensive experience across the entire range of organ systems
Flexible on-site animal housing can be adapted to accommodate the most challenging of animal models including tethered devices such as left ventricular assists (LVAD) and monitoring requirements.
The APS pathology department has a fully equipped, 5,000 square foot, histopathology and SEM laboratory in the main facility. The APS pathology lab is operated by board-certified histotechnicians and has advanced equipment for the precise sectioning of all medical devices, using paraffin, plastic thin microtomy, plastic EXAKT ground sectioning, and SEM techniques.
APS' 20,000 ft² biocompatibility, toxicology, pharmacology, and pain research facility has comprehensive in-vivo capabilities. This includes an expansive small animal vivarium that can house thousands of small animals, and is equipped with the latest in ventilated caging and environmental monitoring systems.
APS' 5,000 ft² in-vitro laboratory offers multiple in-vitro methodologies that can be used for the evaluation of biocompatibility, toxicology and lot-release testing. Our in-vitro services include tests that meet ISO 10993, USP <87>, and JMHLW guidelines so you can rest assured that our tests will meet the necessary regulatory requirements.
APS' 4000 ft² analytical laboratory is equipped with state-of-the art instruments and exceptional personnel expertise providing GLP compliant analytical supports. The laboratory is equipped to provide a full range of analytical services to facilitate integration and overlapping of various study components such as pharmacokinetic, toxicology, biocompatibility, quality control, stability studies, purity and impurity characterization and profiling, leachables and extractables from container closure, implantable medical devices, drug carriers, drug delivery systems and packaging materials.